Saturday, April 3, 2010

Exhausted. Today was like San Francisco was...super sunny, a very sharp seabreeze blowing through the streets and making the walk to the subway that much chillier. I watched outside my (office) window as families played with kites along the water and the long lines wound throughout Battery Park to board ferries to Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty.

Sucked having to work today.

These past couple of weeks, I've had, not one, but TWO bike crashes on the Westside Greenway! My hands are skinned, my eyebrow sports a bright red gash, and the left side of my face is swollen - I look like a victim, or that I am part of a Fight Club.

I walked my bike home unhappily today from 42nd Street westside for about a mile and a half home, not knowing that the entire left side of my face was streaked with blood from the cut above my left eye. I love NYers. 5 people stopped me, asking if I was ok, one girl stopped a phone call, a group of young kids in the park asked me if I was attacked, a couple on 42nd street....in other places I lived, when I was hurt and by myself, no one asked if I was ok. (Gosh, in California, after I flipped hard over the handle bars of my bike in a very full park on a Saturday, people actually stepped over my body, completely unconcerned that anyone was hurt or needing any medical attention, not able to focus on anything but what was 1 foot around themselves. They blow.)

And that's why I love NYC.

No comments: