Monday, September 20, 2010

Been a short summer that flew by like a bird that I saw a brief moment and then it whisked away. All is well, although I caught a random summer cold that kept me in bed for 2 summer weeks. Sucks.

Past weekend, I spent planning some activities and a couple of trips. 3 days off next week for a Stay-cation - some coffee house musing, maybe a long bike ride up to the Cloisters before summer completely runs away. But I am also planning a week in New Orleans over Halloween - mmm....Creole goodness and powdered beignets, chickory and Hurricanes. Voodoo Fest, the Halloween Parade and even a bike tour through the Garden District.

I was just musing with a co-worker that life is good. We both got a promotion this year and were quietly celebrating our good fortune. From burning out to enjoying life....too happy!

The man-friend is away part of this weekend and I miss him. However, it does give me some time again to take care of things like laundry, cleaning out all the old cupboards and sweeping out the attic of my brain. It's odd, I realized today, I had forgotten the names of two of my ex-boyfriends.

Isn't life grand?

No comments: