Friday, October 10, 2008

Chillax, it's the Weekend~

OOH - thank goodness.

On the agenda:

I need to visit at least one of the food craves I haven't satisfied in the past three years: maybe it's time for a cupcake tour of Manhattan. Magnolia Bakery: It's downtown, it's hip, and the line goes around the block. Near all of my favorite shopping, good restaurants, and very much a chillax vibe, especially while the weather is still good. We used to have a monthly bar-night at my old job, about 4 years ago. One of my friends was not allowed to come to bar-night unless there was a chocolate cupcake from Magnolia inside his briefcase. Indeed, I have warm and caring friends.

But enough about desserts: Shopping at Lolli in LES. I have no money and economy is so bad, but they are having a SALE, and the stuff is soo...urban goddess. Um, because that's me, right?

Apparently, this weekend is also the I Kiffe NY: a French-NY urban festival with gritty movies, performing and visual arts, and...wait a minute, Les Nubians is playing at Joe's Pub? Man, tickets are going to be sold out by now, why am I only finding out these things now? I miss being plugged in. Well, I'm going to have to do something about that.

I would have loved to go...

Ok, next, I could seriously use just a good ole stroll in Central Park. It's probably one of the last warm weekends in NYC, and seeing some green by the duck pond may be in order. Did I leave my rollerblades in San Francisco? Must have.

Also, on the friends note, I may stay the night in Sunset Park to see my niece and maybe grab some items of furniture from the basement of my best friend. Another of my best friends offered to meet up Sunday Night for a Soul Dinner.

Anyway --- I better catch the sunlight while it's still here.


1 comment:

Republic of Candy said...

Hey, Daph! Looks like I'll be working this evening - but it looks like you have other plans already, so it all works out!