Thursday, October 9, 2008

Lights in the sky

Sounds of traffic funnel and amplify, like a loudspeaker, up the sides of all of the buildings, reflecting and bouncing and yawing, into my window. I'd forgotten, but the helicopters fly so close to my windows that I'm sure they can see inside, or maybe with the help of those zoom cameras they use to capture traffic shots down, way down to street level.

A helicopter did a fly-by just now; shining a spotlight and lighting up my small studio for a brief moment; hovering, then finally angling away.

I don't know if it has something to do with being so close to Grand Central, the Chrysler Tower and, of course, the UN. Across the street, WPIX Channel 11. In the early morning, they have a camera sitting out on the sidewalk, taking shots of pedestrians hustling to the office. I'm already on TV twice in 2 weeks.

No comments: