Sunday, October 5, 2008

So what's that picture all about down there, anyway..?

Reference to my old life, a life that had twists and turns like a Byzantine city, that brought me from Soho, to the City by the Bay for 2 years, and relentlessly, mercilessly thrown into Beantown, to wash up on the shores clinging finally upon my dear old Manhattan.

The picture is based on a couple of conversations I had, with Seth, then Kamal, who referred to our shared existence as The Land of Broken Toys....

"See, and there's something that went wrong with this person," one would say, gesturing towards a well-dressed person pulling a handtruck of fifteen boxes. "and that one," the other way, towards the Area General Manager's direction, the afraid-to-tell-people-he's-gay Uber-Boss, who manages the company much like Darth Vader did. "And those two in there," he would whisper, tilting his head to the wall of our shared office.

"And see, you, and me, and Seth, and..."

I tell people at my new company what I did for 4 and a quarter years, and they blanch, dismayed, and rush on about how good it is here, how it's all over now, and generally, the facial expression was an Ugh.

No comments: