Saturday, October 25, 2008

Pushing wind, rain and sirens

A borrow from EdEx.




Nice pic from Jeff's weather blog.


Storm and wind kind've changed alot of semi-conscious planning I had for today. After an inhouse day in PJs, I bit the bullet and took the 6 train downtown to shop for necessary items. I've been a barbarian, sitting on the floor, eating takeout with plastic forks and stuffing greasy paper bags into the fridge.

I took my first step in buying stuff for the studio - hit CB2 just off Canal Street. Everything...everything was wonderful and perfect for my little space, but I started with just some plates, bowls and some basic flatware.

By the time I came back, the asphalt glistened and umbrellas were being pushed sideways by the wind, pedestrians soaked and shaking their fists at the grey sky.

Tonight, it's a black - loud night. I can feel the storm whistling into the room through wrought iron window panes, see lightning bursts flash just outside my window from up on the 27th floor, and the Manhattan Bridge is melting as I watch through sheets of water pouring down on the glass.

No comments: